Bernard Muhia.
From performing for the Honourable Martha Karua to being shortlisted for a StoryMoja Hay Poetry award, to my poems being featured on CNN International, to now being a farmer. This blog is about my transition from being a poet to a farmer.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June: My busiest month in print


June 2013 is shaping up to be my busiest month in print with my creative works being featured on three different publications. The first and biggest is the Msafiri article. Msafiri Magazine is the Kenya Airways In-flight magazine that passengers enjoy during their stay onboard and they can take it with them. The article on urban farming is aptly titled 'Urban Roots' and is on page 92-97 with full-page photos on each opposite page for the three page story. You can read it online here http://t.co/4twu7jVq7W

My second creative output on print is a poem titled 'Kaa Chonjo' which is Swahili for stay alert. The poem is now in a book and forms part of a poetry anthology by Kenyan Poets titled 'The Power of Words.' The poem speaks about the scourge of human and child trafficking. I have been using the poem for my counter-trafficking campaigns in schools. Here is coverage of the book's launch http://t.co/LsR9eknacN

The third but not least are two articles which are part of my regular contribution to Hortfresh Journal, a horticultural magazine. One of the articles is an editorial where I talk about the watermelon craze and the second is a feature coverage I did on Kenya's biggest solar installation which is at Uhuru Flowers in Nanyuki. You can find them here www.hortfreshjournal.com

I'm looking forward to more of my work on print for posterity, that's my legacy afterall!         

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

1 comment:

  1. Mr. published author...CONGRATS! Keep it coming! #Small siz#

    ReplyDelete